Saturday, June 02, 2007

Disney, why do you hate consumers?

So I bought the new Pirates of the Carribean: The curse of the Black Pearl Blu-ray this last week. I just popped it in to watch it only to find out Disney has decided this new hi-def format needs to work just like their childrens DVD's. So what's this mean for the consumer. Previews, lots of previews before the movie. Did I mention that you cannot use the menu, or pop-up menu features to skip them?

At least Disney still let me use next chapter, so after pressing R1 about 20 times I finally got to the movie's top menu. Does anyone know why Disney makes their movies do this to you? Just about every other Blu-ray I've played so far drops you right to a menu after a very short Blu-ray trailer. The only other movie I saw with any more extensive previews let you hit menu to skip them at least.

All Disney's managed to accomplish is to ensure that I don't bother buying another movie from them again. I'm so much better off just finding whatever I want from them and downloading it. At least this way I don't have to deal with all their stupid previews.

No comments: