Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Fable

Well I broke down and bought Fable. The only thing I can say so far is wow. It's actually fun so far. It currently appears like there is a game invovled, unlike Black and White where they tagged the game on in the last month of development. My only complaint is the fact the game is made out of many small zones. When I say small I mean small. Some of these zones are like 10 feet across. In many cases you can run across the zone in less time than it took to load the zone. They should have done some dynamic loading or caching like Diablo II, World of Warcraft, or Dungeon Siege. Either that or made some of the zones bigger (some are actually a decent size). Even with this annoyance the game is enjoyable to play. If you're looking for a hack and slash RPG for XBox give it a try. The tagline in the commercials, "Every action has a consequence" is mostly true.

No comments: