Sunday, May 28, 2006

Busy Day

Well today we (my Dad and I) put another 700 miles on my car. We drove all the way from Evanston, WY to Rocklin, CA, crossing the states of Utah, and Nevada. This last trip was a bit more exciting than the last couple, as we got to see some cool mountains and enjoyed a few rain, sleet, and snowstorms. I got the honor of driving anytime we approached mountainous terrain as my Dad dislikes driving in the mountains. This meant I got to drive from WY to the middle of the Utah salt flats, and from Reno, NV to CA.

First I have a few pictures of Utah just outside Salt Lake city at the first reststop after entering the state:




This is a rather pretty part of Utah and a fun canyon to drive down. At one time pioneers came down this same canyon on their way to California and Oregon. The last picture gives a brief glimpse of the road ahead. About 10-20 minutes further into Utah you drive by where the bobsled, luge, and skiing events of the 2002 Olympics at Salt Lake city were held.

Next we have a picture of part of the area where the olympics where held along with a picture of the Great Salt Lake (from a moving car):




Finally, we have a few pictures from the small set of mountains in between Utah, and Nevada. As you can see in these it's gotten a bit colder and it's now snowing instead of raining on us.




That's currently it for pictures. I have a few pictures from the top of Donner Pass which is between NV, and CA but they are on my other camera (and about 5mb a picture). Can anyone suggest a place I can host a bunch of pictures for free? The mountains between CA, and NV are pretty cool but I don't have any pictures of the trip as I was busy driving. My Dad was to busy cringing on every turn to take pictures (it turns out that a Mazda 3 corners really well :D).

After arriving in Rocklin, my Dad and I went and saw the new X-Men III movie after eating some dinner. I'll post my thoughts on the movie later after I've given others a chance to see it first. (One hint, STAY UNTIL THE END OF THE CREDITS)

2 comments:

Colin M said...

It's not necessarily a long-term solution because I might be changing servers later, but for at least the next 8 months I've got 20 gigs of storage space and a Tb of bandwidth / month at mccambridge.org. I can set you up a folder and SFTP or WebDAV or something if you want.

Colin M said...

Hey. I saw X-Men 3 tonight. You need to email me right now and tell me what the dialogue was in the scene after the credits. I stayed and waited because I read this on your blog, but when we got to it, THE DAMN SOUND CUT OUT EARLY! I heard just a snippet of the first person's voice, enough that I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but then the sound was out for the remainder. I was pissed. And post your thoughts, too. It's been a while. Plus, I've seen it now, and I think we can all agree that that's what counts ;-)