Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Light - It Burns!!!

So far finals week is off to a racing start. Yesterday I had a cookout out at Vilas park with some friends. The first thing we did was assemble the grill, which took longer than I had expected since we had to many engineers on the project. Once that work was done we got the food on but it took a good 1-2 hours to get it all cooked.

While waiting for food we enjoyed the beautiful weather, and played some Frisbee. After eating we walked over to the Henry Vilas Zoo where we looked at the animals. I hadn't been to the zoo since freshman year, and not to much has changed. For a free zoo they have a nice selection of animals, we saw: Lions, Peacocks, Kangaroos, Bears, Giraffes, Sea Otters, Harbor Seals, and more. Some of the animals didn't appear to be out yet. We were also a bit to late to see some animals as they closed up a few exhibits about 5 minutes before we made it over there :(.

Well while playing Frisbee and looking at all the animals it appears I acquired a nice sunburn on my face, arms, and the back of my neck. Next time I spend more than an hour or so outside I'll remember that I should put on sunblock. You'd think I'd learn I burn at the beginning of the season by now.

(Bonus question: What computer game is my post title from?)

4 comments:

Colin M said...

Bonus question, I have no idea... but yeah, you should definitely check out sunscreen. If there's one thing having red hair has taught me, it's the value of sunscreen. I carry SPF 45 all throughout the summer, because 20 minutes without reminds me why I do.

Jon said...

Foolish me, but I never think to use it unless I'm going to the beach.

Anonymous said...

vampire mascarade or whatever. that game where you kept getting eaten by sunlight


I WIN

Jon said...

Close enough Mr. Anonymous. Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption is correct!