Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Good Start?

Well my day is off to a good start, in an effort to meet a project partner this morning I ended up leaving the house without shaving. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal except I have a presentation tonight around 5:45pm, with no time between now (9am) and then to stop at home and shave (or even grab a razor). Looking unshaven is in now, right??


Despite the presentation I'm really looking forward to tonight. Instead of our regular Enlight meeting most of us are meeting down in the Union, in an attempt to get into a sold out lecture by Brian Greene Author of "The Elegant Universe". Right now there are no tickets left but they seat people without tickets about 10 minutes before the lecture starts, assuming there are open seats. If the seats are full they actually simulcast the presentation in another room so we should be set. Either way it should be an interesting talk (ok I hope it will but Dr. Greene is very interesting, and was one of the few guest who didn't look silly on the Colbert Report.)

3 comments:

Colin M said...

I'm looking forward to that as well, hopefully we can get into the actual talk. Glad to hear you're keeping abreast of world events with the Colbert Report. Can't decide if that or the Daily Show is my favorite show on TV.

jeni said...

Oh man. The Brian Greene lecture was awesome. Now I can't stop thinking about those extra dimensions!

Jon said...

The Daily Show is my #1 source for world and national news, while Colbert's commentary on the current American condition cannot be beat. With these two shows I no longer need to watch amateurs such as CNN, and MSNBC attempt to inform me of world events.

Cable news networks you're dead to me.

On a more serious note most of these networks don't talk about anything but the upcoming bird flu pandemic anyways. I did catch some CNN International program one morning last week but I think they showed it by accident. They sure don't mention any world or important news the rest of the time.