Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Afghani food made easy

Since I didn't make the 5 hour drive back home for Easter this last weekend, I decided to spend a rainy Sunday making some Afghani food with a recipe from my favorite restaurant. Well it turns out I didn't have all the ingredients necessary, and I was already hungry and didn't want to wait on food. So instead I made my own cheesy version of Kabeli Palow that was much simpler.

Rather than doing all the work in the recipe I simply browned some chicken in a pan threw in some garam masala, garlic salt, and raisins. I then combined the mixture with some basmati rice, and amazingly it turned out pretty good. It wasn't nearly as good as the food from Da Afghan but it sure was easy to make. I'll probably have the same thing tonight since all I have is some chicken and a 10lb bag of rice left in my apartment.

No comments: