Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Newegg is Teh Sux0r

Well the title says it all. I received a replacement mainboard for my broken one today. Only it wasn't really a replacement for my mainboard. Instead of the model I returned I received a inferior model which retails for $30-40 less than my board. It doesn't have even the same set of features as my old mainboard. To top it off the mainboard came all by itself and didn't include any of the cables, a manual, drivers, or any of the other stuff I returned as per Newegg.com's instructions.

After talking to a customer service rep I found I needed to RMA/return this POS board they sent me, and wait for them to get off their butts and possibly send me the correct item. The rep was kind enough to tell me they would refund $20 for shipping the item back (it actually costs $20.49 to ship). Hopefully they will actually credit my account, but as the overnight shipping I was promised on the phone doesn't show up on the RMA order my hopes for this aren't very high. At this point I was better off attempting to fix my mainboard by myself. This is probably the last time I ever buy anything from Newegg.com, or even recommend them to others. It seems that Newegg's customer service is starting to suck as they become more and more popular.

No comments: